Mission Trip Details
New Orleans Trip is Full
Nashville Trip is Full
This year our student mission trips are separated out into middle and high school trips. The middle school mission trip is to Nashville, TN and the high school mission trip is to New Orleans, LA with YouthWorks on July 8-13. Cost is $300 (plus spending money for road meals on high school trip). $100 nonrefundable deposit due at registration, balance due by trip time. Registration closes on February 11 or when trip is full. Parents that are interested in serving as volunteers, please contact us at email@example.com.
Nashville and New Orleans Mission trip Information:
What is YouthWorks?
- Each summer YouthWorks provides life-changing Christ-centered mission trips for over 30,000 students and adult leaders in over 70 communities across North America. Because we want everyone to experience a mission trip, we provide lots of affordable options while maintaining high quality experiences.
Who is eligible to go on the mission trip?
- Current 6th through 8th grade students are eligible for the middle school Nashville trip.
- Current 8th through 12th grade students are eligible for the high school New Orleans trip.
When is the mission trip?
- Both Nashville and New Orleans are on July 8-13, 2018.
What will my student do on the mission trip?
- Your student will be asked to serve in many different ways throughout the week. YouthWorks partners with other ministries working toward sharing and being the light of Christ in the cities we are serving. Students will receive a multicultural view of Nashville and New Orleans.
What if my student has food allergies?
- YouthWorks helps us to accommodate your student needs. We do need to know about any food or dietary restrictions. Please tell us and coach us through your students needs. We eat at our host sites and pack lunches each day.
Can I use my earned money help pay for this trip?
- YES! We encourage it!
Can my student bring a friend?
- Yes of course, get them to sign up too!
Will they be together?
- Asbury will be broken into service groups of an estimated 12 students per group with other churches at our site. If your student brings a friend we will make sure they are in a service group together. We will all debrief together at night and eat breakfast together in the mornings. Service sites will be in service groups.
How do they get to Nashville/New Orleans and to the service sites once they are there?
- Asbury will rent 15 passenger vans, our adult chaperones are the ones that drive the whole week.
Will I know any of the adults going?
- Yes, Moose is heading up the high school New Orleans trip and Joe is heading up the middle school Nashville trip. We will also have other adult volunteers and parents on both trips. We will have the contacts of all attending to you before we leave.
Can my student have there phone to call me if they want?How do I get in touch with my kid if they don’t have a phone?
- Asbury RESET and YouthWorks have a no cell phone policy. All adults will have their phones available for calling home and for pictures.
Where will my student sleep? Do we need an air mattress?
- YouthWorks has a housing site which is a local church within the area that opens their doors and floors to have us come a serve. We will sleeping on the floor and will need to bring a twin air mattress for sleeping. Please only bring twin size mattresses because space is limited.
Is there a dress code?
- Yes! No yoga pants at all. Some days you will need long pants and closed toe shoes. We will be informed by our leaders what to wear the night before. All shirts need to have sleeves. We have a full pack list available. Please be aware that dress codes are strict on mission trips because of the work we do and the communities we serve.
Can my daughter wear a two piece swimsuit?
- No, one piece or tankini for female swimsuits. No speedos swimsuits for male students.
Can I send snacks?
- Yes but they are not allowed in the sleeping area because bugs. We will provide a snack bin for them.
What does the schedule look like?
- Remember we must be flexible with our schedule but the gist of it is: wake up, eat, service site, lunch, service site, showers, dinner, evening activity, debrief, bed.
When is the last day to sign up?
- February 11th!
Do you need Volunteers?
- Yes, please contact RESET@asburyonline.org for more information about volunteering.